How Jesus Has Been Working in My Life - Patience and Anxiety

        Over the past year, God has taught me patience and how to be less anxious. It has been a challenge learning this because my standards for myself are high. Although this is not wrong, having these standards can cause anxiety in my life. Being impatient and having anxiety have caused some challenges in my life, but the Lord has been working on my heart. For today's blog, I am sharing how the Lord has been working on my patience through school.

        Ever since I can remember, I have always wanted to honor God with my life. Whether glorifying God is through my major, friends, or other aspects of life, it matters to me. The desire I have to honor God is not wrong and is what He wants me to do according to 1 Corinthians 10:31. Where I am wrong is not having patience and having anxiety when school is not going well. What I mean by this is when I try my best, do all I need to do, and do not make the best grades, I am hard on myself. Although I am doing what I can to be the ABSOLUTE best I can be, I become impatient with myself because I think I can do better. Not only do I have feelings of impatience, but I also start to feel anxious. These feelings are not from God. I need to realize I am doing the best I can with what God has given me. It is okay to fail as long as I learn from my mistakes. There is no reason for me to be impatient or anxious as long as I pursue glorifying God. At the end of the day, when I do not do well, but I do my best and honor the Lord, he will work everything out for me.

What this also means is that I should not slack off. I should be on top of honoring God, and that means doing everything I can to do so. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says that I should glorify God, and I need to stay on top of that. My grades may not be the best, or I may be behind in my volunteer hours, but that does not mean I do not need to put forth the effort. When I don't do well in one area, I can always do well in another. What this can look like praying for someone or holding a door for someone.

        At the end of the day, my mission is to glorify God. Being impatient and anxious are two ways to not glorify God. Doing what I can, and being the best I can is a way to glorify God. Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you enjoyed. If you have any suggestions on what I can write about, let me know.

- Haley Owens

    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Ways to Stay Organized - Life, Travel, and Jesus

Lake and Beach Fun! Vacation 2023 - Haley Owens

Amazon Necessities - College Edition