The Ultimate College List - Life, Travel, and Jesus

        Howdy, everyone! Welcome back to my blog. For today's blog, I am sharing my college essentials. My college background includes a community college for two years and a university for a year and a half. For more on my college journey and advice, subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel (the YouTube channel is linked below). I list specific stores where you can purchase these items, but if you all would like me to create an Amazon essential list with specifics, let me know in the comments and I will create one. Here are my college essentials.

     First, is Jesus. I would not be where I am without Jesus. He has guided me through my entire educational journey, and I know He will guide you. I have posted a link to Bible studies in this paragraph. God will help you through so much in your educational journey, trust Him. 

Marvel's Lifeway Bible Study: https://www.mardel.com/Christian-Bookstore/Lifeway-Bible-Study/c/dc-lifeway-bible-study?gclid=CjwKCAiA2rOeBhAsEiwA2Pl7QzO6jAltPBbozfroyqhwOda4o-Stl4Kyf7_pl4e2RoQtUtxu-GiouBoCXRAQAvD_BwE 

     Second, electronics are essential. A lot has changed over the past few years, especially with COVID-19. Before COVID hit, when I attended community college, classes required that I turn in online assignments. Even after COVID at the university I attended, I still have plenty of professors that have me turn in an online version. This is why electronics are essential. Buying the right laptop is important. Asking questions is essential in finding the perfect laptop. Is this a good laptop for my major (education versus digital arts)? Is this a reputable brand? Will this last me for my college career and beyond? All these questions are good for finding the perfect laptop for your education. More essential electronics include a power bank, batteries, flashlight, water heater/coffee maker (I use a coffee maker for a water heater), humidifier, and room/space heater (if your university allows). Places like Walmart, Amazon, and Target have essentials like these. When going into college, you want to be prepared for anything that comes your way, which is why purchasing essentials is important. 

     Third, you need essential medicine and vitamins. These essentials are more on the obvious side. Going to a university is like a long-term vacation, so stock up on essentials like cough drops, vitamin C, Advil, and all other essential vitamins you need. DO NOT FORGET TO RESTOCK EITHER. Being sick at a community college and a university is completely different, especially if you are contagious. You do not want to be running around trying to purchase essentials while you are contagious, or not feeling well, so buy ASAP. Kroger, CVS, and Walmart are good about having essentials like cough drops and Advil.

     Fourth, large dorm essentials. Large dorm essentials include bedding, a mattress topper, and dorm decoration. Find your vibe, and then gather the supplies needed to create a cozy dorm space (you are going to be here a long time, so make your space comfortable and fun). A matters topper is essential because the matters at the university are uncomfortable. Places you can buy are Amazon, Target, and Walmart. For room decoration, Target, Hobby Lobby, and Amazon are my go-to places.

     Fifth, cleaning essentials. Your dorm will become messy, and depending on the university you will have dorm checks. Either way (or both ways), do not let your dorm become messy. At my university, if you do not clean your dorm, and have multiple low room reviews, you will be FINED. Even if there were no fines, it would be embarrassing if I did not clean my room.  Essentials are found at Walmart, Target, Kroger, and Amazon.

     Sixth, studying essentials. My parents have always encouraged me to do what is best for me in my classes. This means I have to figure out what essentials for a class are best for me. You may be thinking "this is obvious, Haley." I understand it is obvious for some, but let me go into deeper detail. Not everyone is the same; we are all made unique in God's eyes. In my education classes, we have gone over different styles of learning (auditory, visual, and kinesthetic/tactile). You need to figure out what is best for you and your learning style. This is also where electronics come into play. Do you like to type out notes, or do you like to write out notes? Which will benefit you during your educational journey? School supplies can be found at Walmart, Target, Kroger, CVS, and Amazon. If you are looking for a place to look at notes from your school, go to StudyPool, Nexus Notes, or StuDocu (I have some of my class notes here. Please take advantage of using the links below).

     Seventh, clothes. Another obvious essential is clothes. If you go to a college up north, bring clothes that are good for up north. If you are going south, bring clothes for living in the south. Also, if you are a gym junk or a student-athlete, do not forget to bring workout clothes.

     That is all for my college list. If you liked this blog, like and subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel. If you would like for me to create an Amazon list with specific items, let me know in the comments (where my YouTube channel will also be linked).  Thank you for reading, hang loose!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Ways to Stay Organized - Life, Travel, and Jesus

Lake and Beach Fun! Vacation 2023 - Haley Owens

Amazon Necessities - College Edition